During spring and autumn 2021 we did a market study regarding emerging trends and focus areas in Business Data Platforms together with University of Turku.
Key phenomena studied were:
- Business Data Platforms
- Low Code in Highly Scaleable Data Platform solutions
- Business Driven Conceptual Modeling and rapid model-to-implementation methodologies
- Automated Data Warehouses
- Data Vault 2.0
- Data Mesh
- DevOps and DataOps
- Better and quicker decisions among leading decision makers
The recurring theme during the whole study was the importance of collaboration between business people, decision makers and IT professionals. One of the most challenging things in the whole data consumption market is how to efficiently reach a common understanding of the needs.
The two main take-aways from this study are:
- There is a rapidly growing need for methodologies, skills and tools to reap the benefits of the explosively growing data volumes and diversity
- DSharp has the business driven methodology, tools and the training program to meet that challenge
The study further confirmed our vision. We are now more confident than ever, that our positioning is in the core of this growing market. Right on target.
Take a look at the story published by the UTU-team here: Teräviä havaintoja tietovarastoinnista – case D♯ | Work Informatics (utu.fi).
The cooperation was very pleasant! Thank you, Team UTU!
Yours, D# Team